Before contacting us, please take a moment to read our most frequently asked questions:

Q: What qualifications are required to teach in Ontario?

A: You must be registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.

Q: What should I do if I am a new grad and have not yet received my Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario College Of Teachers?

A: You may still apply for positions within our Board, but be sure to indicate in your cover letter that your application is in progress. Any     job offers will be conditional upon receipt of your Certificate of Qualification.

Q: May I teach if I do not possess a Certificate of Qualification?

A: There are provisions in the Education Act which allows Boards to employ persons who are not certified to teach in Emergency situations. These persons can only be used if no certified supply teachers are available. In certain situations, a Board may find it necessary to apply for a Letter of Permission from the Ministry of Education granting it permission to use an uncertified person in a specific teaching position. This Letter of Permission may only be granted once all reasonable efforts have been made by the Board to recruit an acceptable certified candidate. A Letter of Permission expires at the end of the school year in which it was issued.

Q: What is the contact info for the program EFAP?

A: 黑料社区appwood Health
     Toll Free:  1-800-663-1142


Q: How do I get more information regarding the teacher qualifications?

A: For further information regarding the teacher qualifications, please visit the Ontario college Of Teachers  Website: .  

Return to Departments